You know that fleet insurance is a practical way to protect your assets. It works out cheaper than covering vehicles separately and saves on paper work and time. You can end up getting a good discount and make this discount even bigger by knowing these 11 tips.
1. Before you take any fleet insurance policy, make sure to conduct an extensive research regarding the whereabouts of the best fleet insurance providers that offer the finest coverage at the most affordable price. More often than not, people end up paying a huge amount of money regularly as premiums because of their failure to search for other fleet insurance providers in town.
2. Get yourself online to do the research. Here you can find a range of valuable information and even read reviews about companies. Also quite a few companies give you the facility of doing a free online fleet insurance quote. This is great but do not commit to anything until you have read the details of the policy.
3. Instead of sticking with your current insurance policy provider, find time to search for insurance policy options from other providers. In many cases, people tend to renew their contract with their present insurance policy provider due to the incentives of renewing their current insurance policies. In effect, they fail to take advantage of better insurance coverage in better prices.
4. It is natural enough to make the cost of the premium the driving factor; however don’t let it overshadow the day to day running needs of the fleet. If you do, you may end up with a policy that has cut a corner somewhere along the line.
5. If you keep in your awareness the fact that the types and models of the vehicles are one of the important factors, then if you are updating the fleet you can consider this. Another thing to bear in mind is that added safety features will contribute towards the chance of lowering the cost of premiums.
6. The credentials and driving history of the fleet’s drivers can also affect the cost of the insurance policy. You should hire drivers that have clean and highly commendable driving history to reduce insurance cost. Lower insurance premium rates are usually given to drivers who have attended driving trainings and courses before.
7. Also the age, as well as gender are other considerations. Newer, younger drivers, particularly males are the most expensive to insure whereas more mature, women drivers with clean records are idyllic.
8. Know the size and general requirements and activities of the fleet. Consider this and see how it can work best both in cost for insurance as well as managing operations effectively. Are there ways to cut down mileage? If so, go ahead and action these.
9. Premiums can also be affected by the historical crime levels of an area. This is another factor to consider.
10. Also the working conditions of the roads are another ingredient. Safety becomes a bigger issue in areas where the roads are substandard so of course this will affect the cost.
11. When it comes to the points nine and ten, you may not be able to do anything to improve upon these. Yet you are in control of the fact that proper driver training goes a long way, both for the safety of the team as well as keeping costs lower.
For more economic fleet insurance that doesn’t cut corners on cover, get in touch with Cover 4 Fleet Insurance. They’re proud to offer old fashioned service with the reality of today’s market to come up with a custom quote for your fleet. Get a fleet insurance quote now.. Check here for free reprint license: Need Fleet Insurance? Get The Best Cover At The Best Price With These 11 Top Tips.